Thursday, February 4, 2010

Psalm 131:2

Psalm 131:2 (New International Version)
2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.


As much as I loved nursing my babies, there is something so special about them falling asleep on my lap without nursing. I still remember the first time my daughter cuddled up on my lap and fell asleep without nursing. It felt so good that she wanted to be with me just because I'm her mom and not because I had something to offer her.

I think God wants us to go to him for comfort and just to enjoy his presence. Sure, there are times when we will ask God for things, but there should be times when we don't ask for things too. God wants us to enjoy Him and seek Him to meet all of our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment